How to fix Ramdisk.sys errors
DLL TOOL downloads Ramdisk.sys and repairs Ramdisk.sys driver blue screen of death BSOD for computers running Microsoft operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 8.
What is Ramdisk.sys?
Ramdisk.sys is described as RAM Disk Driver. This driver is running on Microsoft Windows operating system and belongs to Microsoft® Windows® Operating System developed by Microsoft Company. It is located in C:\Windows\ System32\ DRIVERS. Ram disk is a virtual drive generated in RAM. The advantage of using it can enjoy a much faster performance of your system than a Hard disk drive can ever be, because it doesn't have moving parts and transfers are all electronic.
A RAM drive is a block of RAM used by a computer's software as a disk drive. It differs from a "hardware RAM drive" that uses RAM as a part of separate hardware. Once you spare a portion of the RAM for this disk, it will be taken away for your running applications. The application of a RAM drive is superior to other forms of storage media. File access time is considerably decreased because a RAM drive is solid state without mechanical parts. RAM drives allow you to access data with only the memory address of a specific file.
Ramdisk.sys applies the normal RAM into main memory as if the RAM were a partition on a hard drive instead of an actual access to the data bus as secondary storage. Despite that RAM drives can usually be enabled right from the operating system, Ramdisk.sys makes it possible to generate and control a RAM drive by an application as well.
Typical symptoms of Ramdisk.sys errors
- Error Code 0xc0000017, there isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device when Windows 8.1 finishes downloading and you reboot your computer as instructed.
- Ramdisk device creation failed due to insufficient memory.
- Devcon can not be launched on x64 system + ramdisk: You've downloaded devcon from MS, but only x32 is runnable, but it's not suitable for my system (x64). Ia64 cannot be launched, because of error (It says, that my system is x32).
- Try to install Windows 8.1 from the windows store. When the program installs, the install works fine until reboot. After reboot, it goes to a blue screen and says, "Not enough memory to create Ram disk device". Error code 0xc 0000017.
- There isn't enough memory to create ramdisk; Sorry, we couldn't complete the update to Windows 8.1. We've restored your previous version of Windows to this PC. 0xC1900101 - 0x20017.
- Using VSuite Ramdisk from romexsoftware, you have created a ramdisk of one GB using the part of memory that is wasted by Vista-32 and you have allocated 900MB to be used by ReadyBoost. That works fine, except that you have not noticed (nor measured) that your Vista has become any "snappier".
Why do you have Ramdisk.sys errors?
Your PC needs to be repaired because there isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device. You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. The capacity of a RAM drive is determined by the speed of the RAM, the data bus, and the CPU of the machine. Other forms of storage are further limited by the speed of the storage bus. Compounding this limitation is the speed of the actual mechanics of the drive motors, heads and/or eyes.
Because the storage is in RAM, it is temporary memory, that means it will be lost in case of power loss due to computer reboot or shutdown, or unexpected power failure or system crash. Generally speaking, this is a weakness and you have to back up the data on to a permanent storage place to avoid loss on a regular basis.
In many cases, the data stored on the RAM drive is created, for faster access, from data permanently stored elsewhere, and is re-created on the RAM drive when the system reboots. Besides the risk of data loss, the major shortcoming of RAM drives is their limited capacity, which is subject to the amount of RAM within the computer. Multi-terabyte-capacity persistent storage has become commoditized, while RAM is still measured in gigabytes.
Solution to solving Ramdisk.sys errors
As for manual solutions, you can try to unregister and register windows installer, download and install new windows installer, run system repair on operating system, and try to uninstall the ramdisk through device manager. But at this moment, you need the installation file by getting an update to run that installed Windows Installer. Be sure to download and install SP3 and other updates for drivers. And you re-boot only when a program installation or update requires it.
A better and easier way is to find a professional repair tool for the fix. How to select a suitable fixer? SuperFetch prefetches only program files in unused main memory, whereas ReadyBoost also caches data files. DLL TOOL will help you defrag your hard disks as well as updates the system driver files for securer and more compatible environment.
Articles you might like
- How to fix cdosys.dll errors
- How to fix conhost.exe errors
- How to fix mf.dll errors
- How to fix Psapi.dll errors
- How to fix cryptsvc.dll errors
- How to fix RpcRtRemote.dll errors
- How to fix winhttp.dll errors
- How to fix systray.exe errors
- How to fix tpm.sys errors
- How to fix Twain.dll errors
- How to fix wmiprvse.exe errors